- My craving for sugar has reduced drastically. Usually, I crave my sugar cereal every morning something fierce. But the other morning, I realized I wasn’t as in to my Captain Cruch as I usually am. And that is nothing short of a miracle. It felt so...sugary.
- Not surprisingly, my portions have also dramatically decreased. Whether my appetite was actually bigger before or whether it was just me not caring if I was hungry or not, I definitely find myself satisfied after very normal portions.
- My desire for healthy foods has increased. It’s kind of weird how that works. I find myself looking forward to my fruits and veggies at lunch. Okay, so dipping the veggies in ranch helps, but it’s not that many calories in the scheme of things. But I really enjoy the taste of my healthy foods much more than usual.
- I’ve been very strict about logging my food and keeping my blog. I wish I could be this hardcore about all the things I’m trying to improve in my life.
- Knowing even just one person reads my blog really helps motivate me to keep doing this. That accountability piece is very important for me personally when it comes to meeting goals. I’m learning this more and more about myself. That’s why My Fitness Pal works for me.
- For the first time today, I thought maybe my clothes were feeling a little less tight. I still haven’t stepped on a scale- I am determined to feel the changes instead of tracking my progress on a scale.
- I haven’t felt resentful of this new lifestyle. Every once in awhile, I miss eating mindlessly. But the benefits far outweigh (no pun intended...) the occasional sadness. It reminds me of the gospel. I know this is cliche, but it’s true. Sometimes, we feel like follow the commandments restricts us. But the blessings we get from doing so empower us beyond what we thought possible.
Also Disneyland. See you on the flip side!